Monday, August 08, 2005

I doubt that any other living being on earth other than 'yours truly' would have read this blog since the initial posting was made in March 2004. Since that time a great deal has happened. I no longer obsess about career issues to quite the same extent I used to. Moreover, I pity those pour souls - or rather souless individuals - who believe that working in a top-tier law firm is the 'be all, end all' of one's life.

Anyway, a great deal has happened since my last post. I've graduated from my SJD (Doctorate in Juridical Science) and can now legitimately prefix my sirname with the letters 'Dr'. Although decidedly 'cool' from the perspective of most friends, it hasn't really brought forth any major change in my life. For one, I cannot proposition random women with the line 'Seriously baby, I can prescribe anything I want' - much unline Dr Nick Riviera of Simpsons fame. In addition, I cannot note any real increase in either my current salary or my future earning capacity. Rather, I now find myself in the somewhat unusual position of being 'overqualified' yet 'inexperienced' for most positions.

No comments: